- 1/2 cup pure olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dark cocoa
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 36 chocolate chunks
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly coat large cookie sheets with olive oil cooking spray.
2. In mixer bowl add olive oil, sugar, eggs, and milk. Mix until well blended.
3. Add vanilla and cocoa. Blend until smooth.
4. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until well blended.
5. Drop by teaspoonfuls or by small size cookie scoop into powdered sugar and roll until coated. Place 3 per row (these cookies spread).
6. Bake for 7-10 minutes. Remove from oven and press a chunk of chocolate into the center of each cookie.
Cool on wire racks and dive in!
Recipe courtesy of Micki Sannar. Micki Sannar has 20 years of experience in cooking and developing recipes, and has spent the past six years working with olive oil techniques. As an Instructor of Nutritional Cuisine, Micki substitutes olive oil and whole grains for unhealthy oils and starches to make foods healthy – without sacrificing taste and texture. Her unique recipes are featured in the award-winning cookbookOlive Oil Desserts - Delicious and Healthy Heart Smart Baking. For more information on Micki’s book, please e-mail email@example.com, or visit www.oliveoildesserts.com.